Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Grandma?!! - Oh Vey!

I really suck at this blogging stuff.  I hardly ever get on here.  I haven't  blogged in so long I almost forgot my password!

There hasn't been anything really interesting to blog about, and blogging takes some effort.  No wonder people use it as a full time job!

But now, not only do I have something to blog about (or blab), it might also help someone else.  And if it doesn't help anyone else, I'm hoping it might help some poor sucker out there be a little less judgemental.

So here goes!  My daughter is pregnant.  Now the world knows.  Well, let me rephrase that.  Now my world knows.  Her world knows already, between facebook and twitter...what doesn't the world now know.

But before you say the obligatory "congratulations" and "that's fantastic" or even the "being a grandma is fabulous", let me point out that my beautiful, smart, kind daughter is only 15.  Yes, you read that right. Oh Vey!

For those of you who are siting so high up on your judgemental throne, judge away.  You mean nothing to me, I don't know you, and if I do and you judge me, well, obviously I don't know you very well. As for judging my daughter, let me just say this...I hope you don't crack your skull when you fall off.

So what does one do when this news is brought to you?  You stay strong!  OK, I cried for a few nights...then my friends kept asking me what was I going to do about it?  What? What do you mean what am I going to do about it!?!!  Nothing.  There is nothing I can do except accept it and move on.  And that's what I'm doing.

I told my friends and family and then came the: OMG what is she going to do? Is her life over? Will she ever be able to go on a date again? Will she finish school? What about prom?  I took a deep breaths to avoid lawsuits from the bitch slapping I was "this close" to handing out.

Her life is far from over, she just gets to share it with someone very special.  And I hope she is as close to her child as I am to my three.  And yes she will be able to date!  Are you for real?  And education is her top priority.  Not only is she planning on finishing high school, she's a straight A student.  And if I may brag, I get phone calls from teachers letting me know how great she is and how helpful she is with her classmates.  And college, she will be completing this as well.  So don't worry people, we got this covered.

I did receive one, yes only one, "how could you let this happen?"...seriously, I work, I can't be with her all the time 24/7.  I bet you look pretty stupid sitting in class next to your teenager huh?  Oh and I bet he/she loves having you walk him/her home from school every day.  So again, topple off your damn throne already.

My daughter is smart, but smart people do dumb stuff all the time.  Famous people, rich  people, and even our illustrious politicians who are supposed to be very smart and lead us do stupid shit all the time.  So judge away all you want.  If it makes you feel better about yourself, well, I could care less.

I have received a lot of love and support from all of my family and co-workers and friends.  And this I will say feels good. 

The first month or so was a shocker.  It's something very different to get used to.  My husband is finally coming around, getting used to the idea.

So we, are now our fourth month.  She has a very small bump, and we found out it's a boy!

Oh, and for you parents out there who believe that she should do all this on her own.  Let me tell you educate you.  As a young married adult, I was scared shitless with my first pregnancy so I can't imagine what a teenager feels like.  She is my daughter and I love her very much.  I will support her thru anything.  Why did you have kids?

Now I just have to get used to the idea of being a grandma...stay tuned for my next update (hopefully soon)



No comments:

Post a Comment